Aiken Newcomers’ Club is the answer to lots of questions.
- Do you want to join an organization where you can find new friends?
- Do you want to participate in lots of fun things to do?
- Do you enjoy having a delicious lunch with other Aikenites?
- Are you interested in supporting local charities with either time or resources?
- Are you looking for opportunities to visit interesting locations?
- Are you eager to make a difference by taking on positions within an organization?
If you have asked any, or all of these questions, we have the answer for you!
Join Aiken Newcomers’ Club!
Aiken Newcomers’ Club meets the second Tuesday of every month at Newberry Hall. We have social time before each meeting, interesting programs September through May and get-to-know-you luncheons June through August. You don’t have to know anyone to attend a meeting. You can visit our web site and make a reservation no later than the Thursday before each meeting. Aiken Newcomers’ Club is made up of ladies who have recently moved to Aiken as well as long-time members who choose to stay part of our enthusiastic membership. We will provide a Goodwill Ambassador for any guest attending her first meeting to ensure you feel welcome.
We have many active groups you can join such as book clubs, games (Bridge, Bunco, Euchre, Hand & Foot, Mexican Train, Mah Jongg, Scrabble), Out-to-Lunch Bunch, Reader’s Theater, Sophisticated Singles, Stitch & Chat, and Wine & Dine. We add new groups all the time when new ideas surface.
Our mission includes raising funds for various local charities. We make semi-annual donations to requesting organizations, as well as monthly collections in support of specific needs.
Please visit our web site (aikennewcomers.com) to learn more about us. We look forward to seeing you at one of our monthly meetings!
Linda Sliger, President